Whipped cream – made from scratch (Homemade)
- Chilled Double cream or heavy whipping cream – 2 cups (or Amul Fresh cream with whey separated) *check Notes
- Sugar – either granulated or powdered – 1-1.5 cups (as per taste) or Vanilla Sugar(if available)
- Vanilla extract or essence (in case Vanilla Sugar or pods not available) – 1 tsp
Method to prepare Whipped Cream:
1. Chill a large bowl for at least 30 minutes. Ensure that you are taking a large bowl to allow room for the whipping action.Take the Double Cream, Sugar/Vanilla Sugar,Vanilla extract or essence (in case you are not using vanilla sugar) in the chilled bowl. Keep another bowl full of ice ready to be placed under the large bowl to act as an ice bath.
2. Using a whisk (one with thin wires preferably), you can hand beat the mix till it forms nice creamy texture or peaks. It takes all of a minute to do this. Do not exceed this time as it will then reach into a butter stage. You can also use an electric beater to achieve this.
3. Place it back in the fridge to chill.
1. Once the whey is separated, you can use it for curries or pasta sauces etc.