"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

This was a sauce that was first made with my BBQ Chicken almost 18 years ago. It was a hit then and I am glad to say it is even now!
BBQ Sauce



You need:
  • 1 large shallot or white onion finely diced (I diced 3/4 of the shallot and the rest into thin rings)
  • 1 tbsp cayenne pepper powder
  • 1/2 tbsp black pepper or crushed pepper corns
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1.5 tbsp mustard or Homemade Mustard
  • 2 tbsp light brown sugar or cane sugar
  • 4 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
  • 2 tbsp EVOO
  • 1 glass of lukewarm water
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or distilled vinegar
  • 1/2 tbsp salt
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup of ketchup or Homemade tomato paste

The Make:

Cooking time: 10 minutes | Preparation Time: 10 minutes| Compliments 1 kg chicken

  • Heat a skillet and add the EVOO and warm the oil.
  • Add the diced shallots and saute till translucent.
  • Next add the vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and water. Stir well. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes (uncovered), stirring occasionally.


BBQ Sauce in the making




  • Add the tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Let it warm. Cover and set aside to cool.

    BBQ Sauce over Chicken
  • You can make this a day in advance (refrigerate).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"