"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Monday 2 February 2015

Easy make Dinner bread rolls

In speaking with a good friend of mine Kavisha Pinto, she mentioned how easy it is to make dinner rolls. I attempted this make over Christmas when the hubby was late coming home from work for Christmas Eve. I was too busy slaving in the kitchen to step out to buy rolls and I'm glad it worked out that way or else I would have delayed my attempt to make this super easy rolls.



What you need:


  • 11/2 cup wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 tbsp of mayonnaise
  • Pinch of salt (optional)




The Make:
Preparation time: 5 mins | Baking Time: 15-20 minutes | Makes 10 medium sized rolls

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. You can use a muffin tray if you are concerned about the shape or what I did was randomly divide the dough to 10 different parts and place it on a butter paper on a normal bake tray.

2. In a large bowl, sift in the flour and baking powder. Then add the milk and mayonnaise and stir in well.

3. Add the pinch of salt and mix once more.

4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven until browned or nicely puffed up.

Serve hot. Your family is sure to love this esp your little ones :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"