"This is a journey of my life since I was all of 12 yrs when I started my hand in cooking to now with displays of my learning and creations of recipes from around the world. My inspiration and role model has always been my Mum who has always created dishes from around the world and excellently well. I do not believe I would ever match to her culinary skills. I remember the times she could cook and bake almost 4-5 dishes in one go without ever letting one go under cooked or burnt! I was born and raised in Dubai, UAE and recently moved to India for family reasons. Kitchenette just means that over the decades, my kitchen has changed from that of my mum's to my uncle and aunt's, to my home in UAE and now in India. Pala't'te, describes both global cuisines ('Palatte'-diverse flavours) and pleasing diverse 'Palates'."

Thursday 23 April 2015

Steamed Buttered Veggies


This is a very simple dish and is often used as a side to a protein main course. If you want to reduce on your carbs intake then it is best had as a filler as well. Kids who dislike veggies also tend to like this simple side dish owing to the flavour of the butter or duck fat.




You need:
  • Vegetables of your choice, diced well : 2 cups
  • 1 tbsp of Butter or 1 tbsp of Duck fat
  • Thyme leaves - 2 sprigs (optional)
  • Salt to taste
  • Water to steam
The Make:
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Serves 2

1. Fill a pot with half full with water and place a colander on top to hold the veggies.
2. On high heat, cover the colander with the veggies. 
3. Once the water reaches a boil reduce heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once cook, transfer to a bowl and toss in with the butter or duck fat, optional separated thyme leaves and salt to taste.

Serve hot with your favourite main protein Roasted Beef with baked potatoes.

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment

"I would love to hear your views and suggestions on my post. If you have tried my recipe and made alterations too, I would love to learn of it!

Kindly do not post any links or advertisements as they would NOT get published.

In case you face any issue in posting your comments, please do get in touch with me on gginazkitchenette@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your positive comments, suggestions and critiques..I will respond to your comments and feedback as soon as possible....

Waiting to hear from you!"